Senior Systems Engineer
SnapComms is an award-winning, innovative company starting small, growing big with no sign of stopping.
Our vision is to make internal communication with employees a breeze in medium to very large sized organizations. We are passionate about providing the best solution for our customers by thinking about the future and listening to their feedback.
SnapComms future-proofs its employees by providing a wide range of opportunities to grow and upskill. Our environment promotes continuous improvement and forward thinking in all areas.
Who are we looking for?
We need an experienced and talented Senior Systems Engineer.
You’ll bring real world experience in maintaining and building systems and understand the value that IT provide.
We operate in a highly dynamic, fast-paced technology space. So, you’ll relish the challenge of providing the systems to support both our internal and external customers.
- Installing and configuring systems in mixed IaaS environment
- Designing and creating storage systems
- Configuring data centre networks
- Automate the creation and maintenance of cloud systems using PowerShell, APIs, Azure Resource Manager and other tools
- Actively work to improve the scalability and availability of the SnapComms systems
- Design and implement High Availability and Disaster Recovery plans for SnapComms systems
- Maintain and improve SnapComms monitoring systems
- Create and maintain documentation of all systems, monitoring security and automation
- Performance tuning of SnapComms systems
- Securing systems, networks and individual computers with a view to SnapComms gaining ISO 27001 certification
- Implementing and controlling user and account security rights and restrictions
- Assisting the IT Manager in ongoing optimisation and design of the cloud environment
- Work with and alongside the wider SnapComms IT team, when and as required, to ensure smooth operation of SnapComms’ end to end IT systems.
- Perform reasonably related duties as assigned by the Employer;
- Conducting research on various networks, suppliers, servers and products for the future strategy and procurement efforts
- Evaluating and recommending IT technologies for purchase.
- Mentor/cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Participation in on call roster
Skills and Expertise
- Azure certification
- ITIL certification
- Candidate is expected to have at least 5 years’ experience
- A solid background in Windows server platforms, operations, deployment, administration and infrastructure services
- Solid networking and security skills including wireless
- Strong understanding of Firewall & network security principals and technologies
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, including PowerShell, APIs, Azure and Resource Manager
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Demonstrates a client-service attitude and aptitude.
- Experience in the development of operational procedures and aptitude to develop performance measures to quantify service performance
If this sounds like you, please click here to complete our pre-qualification process.
< Back to Careers