A Desktop Alert is an electronic message that appears on employee computer screens. It bypasses email systems completely, displaying as a pop-up message window directly onto any device's screen. Text, images and hyperlinks can feature with an Alert.
Its unmissable format is ideal for high priority messages, such as breaking news or emergency notifications.
An Alert can be designed to appear on screen in various sizes and formats. It also offers the flexibility of a ‘read now’ or ‘read later’ option to suit the urgency of the message. Plus, it has useful reporting options that provide insight into what’s been read.
When message delivery, timing and acknowledgment is imperative, a Desktop Alert is the answer.
An Alert is a highly visual message with a real sense of ‘now’. It is effective for pushing communications that are urgent, or have high importance.
Bypassing email systems completely, its interruptive nature means message cut-through is fast and reliable. By being a completely separate channel to email, an Alert avoids Outlook user ‘rules’ which often result in communications being ignored.
Alerts are useful for:
- Breaking news - financial results, senior appointments or resignations
- Time-sensitive news - to coincide with external market or media announcements
- Systems outages - email or other applications are not working
- Emergency/crisis communications - terrorism, weather, travel, product recall
- Warnings - fraud alerts, security breaches, scam emails
- Important policy updates
- Change announcements
- Important/urgent notifications
- Countdown - new product or marketing campaigns
- Mass Notifications
- Urgent or emergency display mode
- Display messages directly on screen or offer the reader the choice to 'read now' or 'read later'
- Play a sound when the notification arrives
- Keep notifying even when the message is read (useful for targeting machines shared by shift workers)
- Customize the notification headline
- Create a Content Template for the Alert which allows Quick Publishing of unplanned outage messages of common system
Deliver video messages in pop up formats to increase views.
Urgent or Emergency Alerts display over full-screen applications for crisis communications.
Allow staff to trigger Emergency Alerts from their PC or mobile.
"It’s a very good tool, a complete no-brainer for us. It allows us to get a message out very easily."
− Will Packard, Global Head of Marketing - Financial Services Company. Read the full case study