The key to success is planning. It's especially true for HR Professionals as they balance the needs of employees, the business, and adapt to worldwide changes.
Keeping employee engagement high while supporting strategic business objectives can be challenging. But the SnapComms HR Planning Calendar helps you take control - whatever the year brings.
What’s Inside The Human Resource Calendar?
Every year SnapComms produces a human resources annual planning calendar that includes more than 70 major events, awareness days, federal holidays, and conferences. Plus tips for how you can bring these to life and get your employees involved.
Here are some examples:
- Major events such as Ramadan, Diwali, and Thanksgiving
- Awareness Days for special groups (eg. International Nurses Day), national recognition (eg. President's Day), or global recognition (eg. Diversity Awareness Month)
- Conferences and events like the HR Transform conference and IABC conference
Special dates include:
January 18 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
March 1 – Zero Discrimination Day
March 8 – International Women's Day
May 5 – Cinco de Mayo
June – Pride Month (US)
June 18 – Juneteenth (US)
August 9 – International Day of the Worlds Indigenous People
November 2-5 – International Stress Awareness Week
December 9 – International Anti-Corruption Day
Your communications team can also use this as an internal communication calendar, planning the essential initiatives to keep staff informed and engaged throughout the year.
What Should I Add To The Calendar?
The dates we've included are only a start – we encourage you to add key dates, special occasions, initiatives, and events relevant to your organization. These could be specific to where in the world you’re based, the diversity of your employees, or the industry sector you operate in.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Milestones for your return to work plans
- Reminders to staff to follow your workplace's COVID-19 precautions
- Launch dates for major new campaigns products or initiatives
- Regional or industry events your company is attending or exhibiting at
- Company anniversaries, like 15 years in operation or 5 years since moving to your current premises
- Celebration events which are highlights of the social year
The more relevant the calendar is to your organization, the more useful it is. Consider your year ahead and what you can prepare in advance.
Plan for success this year. Download the HR Calendar of activities for 2022 now!
How To Use The HR Calendar
The HR Calendar template includes dates and key info on some of the major Human Resources and Internal Communications events that should be on your radar. It’s designed to benefit you and your business – and it's simple to use.
- Download the calendar using the form below.
- The first worksheet is your high-level view of the whole year (note: this worksheet is password-protected).
- Each monthly worksheet is your detailed events and tips for relevant resources. Make any additions or changes in these worksheets, not the full year overview.
- Add your events, milestones, or other key timings in the appropriate monthly worksheets – anything added here will pull through to the full year overview.
- If you need to make a change to the full year worksheet, the password is 123.
Can This Be Used As An Employee Engagement Calendar?
Definitely! You'll find helpful tips and events particularly relevant to internal communicators throughout the calendar. This is just the starting point to begin planning a year's worth of engaging events and activities for your employees to enjoy.
From workplace parties, team building activities, training events, performance management, recognition, and awards programs there is a variety of entertaining employee engagement activities you can plan with this calendar.
Download The 2022 HR Calendar
Just complete the form below and hit the ‘Submit’ button. Simple!
Then let us know if you find this calendar useful or have suggestions for other things you’d like us to add next year.